Wednesday 1 December 2010

Christening Cake

A couple of years ago I did a basic cake course in a local shop in Ewell. It was a good course and I learnt all my basics skills I need which have proved extremely valuable whilst pursuing my dream.

I decided to go for the colour blue for a "boy" baby on my cake and wrote it to my father with his birthday on top just to thank him for driving and picking me to and from the courses, which he loved!

I used a baby mould to create the figure on top and a special rolling pin with teddy bears embedded in helped to make the effect on the blanket.

The frilling on the edge was quite tricky to get to stay up, but it gives the cake a softness which is perfect for the occasion.

Some of it looks a bit ropey as it was the first time I used dust colour and writing in icing, but 2 years on I'm definitely better and improving all the time :D

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment